Hello nice people!
My name is Elif. I’m here to share my love of reading as well as the beautiful things that catch my eye. Well, they are mostly about books, but once in a while, I go out and explore the world.
I am interested in a lot of things, so I try to read as much as I can. Japanese literature excites me, but I want to read at least one author from each country. My favourite genres are fiction, literary fiction, contemporary fiction, nonfiction, art, memoirs and travel. I also like books that combine art and literature or food and culture. Most of all, I try to learn how to love everyone and everything. Reading helps a lot with this.
You can contact me by sending me an email at hello(@)elifthereader.com.
I would love to hear from you!
Random Facts About Me
- I’m an ex-pat living in one of the most amazing cities in the world!
- I’ve majored in Translation & Interpretation and International Relations.
- Whenever I see a bookstore, I spend at least twenty minutes staring at books. No excuses.
- I have arachnophobia. I’m trying to get over it.
- I think I like Japanese literature best.
- If I don’t eat at least one fruit in a day, I think I’ll be ill.
- I don’t particularly appreciate talking while riding in a car or a train.
- I LOVE Van Gogh and impressionism.
- I spend a lot of time browsing home plans. I don’t know why.
- I’m married to the most amazing guy I know.
- If I see someone cry, I’ll end up crying as well.
- I hug trees and talk to squirrels when nobody is looking.
- I have two tattoos. I want 10 more.
- I’m not too fond of clothes shopping, fashion talks and anything related to fast fashion.
- I’m a good cook, and I like cooking for friends and family.
- Mandarin ice cream is the best!
- I’m learning Spanish, and I want to learn Italian as well.
- I would love to live in the countryside, but I’m afraid I’ll miss the museums a lot.
- I always dream about the houses I want to live in before sleep.
- I like to think about people as if they are paintings. It helps me understand them, and it is always nice to see their reactions when I tell them about their painting.